Presidential Excitement
Boys
are very interested in the life of the president lately and asking lots
of questions - LOVE it! Yesterday, I told them that President Obama was coming to Iowa City tomorrow morning with his wife Michelle and Vice President Biden and his wife. They, quite honestly like me, think this is VERY exciting and cool. This
is extra exciting because he'll be here the day after he spoke at the
Democratic National Convention and he's on the University of Iowa
Campus.
We have tickets - with thousands of others - to see him on campus on the Jessup Hall Lawn. He's speaking about 5:20 pm and the "doors" open at 1:00 pm. There's a 70% chance of rain. I'm not a negative person and love rare opportunities for my kids. I picked up tickets because I wanted us to go as a family to experience the excitement. I hate to take
the chance of seeing a President from them but seeing the President from blocks away while
standing for hours, possibly in the rain, will probably significantly
diminish the excitement, perhaps crush it entirely. UGH!
No comments:
Post a Comment