Thursday, September 6, 2012

Well said

In the midst of the Presidential Campaign (President Obama is speaking at the Democratic National Convention right now and Republican Presidential Candidate Mitt Romney spoke last Thursday night), I'm hear so many words by one candidate against the other. I want the focus to be on what he will do for me, for my family, for my country. I don't need the negative. I just wish those of who who felt this way could speak up loud enough to make a difference. I love politics and I love the debates but the slinging doesn't do anything for me.

My friend Howard posted this on Facebook today and it sums it up well -

"is reminded again and again why election cycles both excite him and disturb him. It's exhausting. It's exciting that we have bloodless revolutions every four years. It's disturbing that it causes us to playing to most expensive game of I'm rubber and you're glue what you say bounces off me and sticks to you. Not really mature or healthy and yet we all continue to buy into it. I hope my guy wins but I hope we can all realize the President can only take us so far before we the people have to make it happen. Be change."

No comments:

Post a Comment