Monday, September 27, 2010

Big question

Max has told us before that he'd like a sister so the first part of the conversation was no big deal (except for Mitch who cringes each time the having another child conversation comes up).

Max, "I'd like to have a sister." Out of no where.

Me, "Plus all your brothers?"

Max, "Yeah, a sister would be fun."

All kind of silent with me smiling.

Max, "Do you get to just decide you want to be pregnant or do you have to ask?"

Me, "Mom and Dad have to decide together."

Max, "If you decide you want to, what do you have to do? Does it just happen?"

Me, "That's a good question. You then have to talk about how to make it happen and how it fits into the family. How about if dad and I talk with you about later? It's something for big kids to talk about with mom and dad."

Max, "OK."

Appropriate response, bought me some time and now I'm ready to discuss. Of course, I'm glad he went to sleep tonight without asking again.

No comments:

Post a Comment