"Boys are back in school 100% in person today! First day since spring break 2020. (Yesterday Mother Nature took her turn impacting school. ) I know some prefer hybrid so 100% online or in person is tough. Praying for everyone changing to have a smooth transition, for teachers / staff and families to practice patience and grace, for kids to embrace (not with a hug!) their classes and friends and for all to do their best to mitigate COVID cases - Keep wearing your mask!"
Pierce was especially excited to go back this morning. his disappointment yesterday was real. He misses his friends so much. Plus he loves the days he is in school because Ms. Amy Roberts is wonderful.
Graham was very happy to go back to school. He's missed the social aspect of school, starting high school like he expected and learning in person. He likes school for these things - friends, learning and activities. That said, he loves basketball and is LOVING the opportunity to play sophomore basketball. he's a little concerned about COVID exposure and not getting to finish the basketball season. Fair concern however going back is winning for him and me.
Max is ready to be in school with his friends and out of the house. Period. We've managed okay but he needs his friends and structure.
I anticipate all three boys happy tonight with their first day back.
I am thrilled they are back in school. I believe it's the right place to be and that we can do this safely. I don't agree with all the ICCSD policies or those of Johnson County as I think our quarantine rules are too strict. I'll keep pushing back on those and pushing for safety.
I do though miss the boys already. So many positives to having more time together. While I won't miss the extra dirty dishes, too much no school time and video games/phone time or simply wandering, I'd rather have that and the extra hug, the noise in the house, the chatter and unexpected chats, lunches, card games and someone else to help to Ryah any day. Of course, those things came with the challenges and changes of COVID - many of which still remain. I'm going to treasure this extra time we've had, continue to remain committed to helping mitigate COVID spread and cheer the boys on in being back in school.
Such a mix of emotions for almost a year....
No comments:
Post a Comment