I periodically message with my first cousin once removed who is actually a step cousin once removed. We are not close geographically and we are not close in our relationship. Mostly because her dad (Craig) and I are 10+ years apart in age and our grandparents (my grandma and his grandpa) married well after our parents were grown. I love watching Erin's family grow and I wish we were closer geographically so we could get to know each other. She started photography on the side so I always see wonderful true and posed photos of her three kids. Today she posted a photo of them stacking the sofa cushions and climbing all over. Her caption "Sigh. The witching hours. 3-5 in our house. Do whatever you want, kids. Pants are optional." I don't have the great photo she has - honestly it captures the moment and is perfect. I do though have a memory that she stirred inside and I shared it with her -
"They will remember these days. My boys talk about playing "crevice" which meant throwing all the cushions, pillows, blankets on the floor and not falling in between as they ran around." Grateful for her post today which made her feel closer and brought me back to those days. My witching hours look different today (one at high school football practice, one hitting golf balls into the forest behind the house and one running around in the yard with friends) and I'd like to have them back making the mess in my house. Sometimes. Actually, sometimes they are and the messes are much bigger!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment