Monday, March 23, 2020

Thoughts

Living in this time is hard. Uncertainty. Questions. Unknown. Working from home. School cancelled. Self quarantines. Social distancing. People dying. I realize my family and I have it much better than others so I need to be upfront with that statement. So my entry is not for comparison in any way.

It's hard to not see Andy. Max and Grace cannot see each other. We cannot go to the gym. We don't get to make a run to Target because we need a couple of things. No going out to eat. No seeing my parents (Gamma and Gump). Not related to COVID-19 but playing a part - it snowed yesterday, seriously? and Ryah is going through heat for the first time. Fun. We don't get to play or watch sports with other people. I miss work already and the boys miss school.  My kids don't want academic time at home.

Here's though the other side. The boys, Ryah and I went for a walk together tonight. At 7:30. At Max's suggestion. We watched an episode of The Amazing Race Season 19. Max made most of dinner while Andy and I were on FaceTime working on some house things. Pierce helped Max clean his car and both of them enjoyed the time. All of us read books today. I took a nap. Ryah had lots of pets. Zoom, Skype and FaceTime exist for video interactions and we have all kinds of written media. Boys and I are writing letters/notes to people. We read the boys church daily devotion. We're keeping a gratitude journal. Pierce did math and grammar online and listened to two science podcasts. I'm seeing kindness in people that I miss. I like the slower pace. I have time to talk with my boys. I can connect with Andy just not in person and that will return. I feel love and calm among the scare and uncertainty.

I don't know exactly what tomorrow or ten days, ten weeks or ten months looks like. I know we'll get through. It's going to hurt. We're going to get frustrated, sad, mad as a family. We'll also laugh, love, sit peacefully together. I know we will all be changed. Our economy will be changed. I believe we will find that we come through this strong.

I like today's Bible Verse in the boys EPIC devotional plan for this week -
Proverbs 12:25 Anxiety weighs down the heart, but a kind word cheers it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment