All are home and where they belong.
Ryah is asleep in her kennel. Not an easy task tonight as she re-acclimates to home after the week at Stone Hollow. Plus she's in the kitchen. She's in her own distancing/quarantine program right now as she started in heat on Wednesday. Perfect timing - said partially in truth, partially in sarcasm. We've been waiting and just this last week confirmed we were waiting no longer and she was going to be spay on Tuesday. Not any longer. We'll manage.
Boys are each soundly sleeping. I'm so grateful they are home. It's been a long week without them (although Andy and I very much enjoyed our time on our own and I got a few things done that may taken longer or simply not been done) especially with COVID-19. I hugged them hard. Said goodnight a little longer. This transition into the unknown, the new normal, the social distancing (maybe distant socializing) is not going to be easy. We're going to have tears, arguments, challenges. I also believe we can have memories, love, laughter, resilience, patience, a new appreciation for each other and life.
Hayden is home from Aruba and both him and Andy from Chicago. I don't love that we will social distance from each other for 14 days but it is the right thing since he traveled abroad and was on a plane. This too, we will get through.
We watched the first half of A Day in the Neighborhood (Mister Rogers). I'm going to love the movie and somehow watching it with my boys right now is perfect.
No comments:
Post a Comment