Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Heartbreak

After wrapping up talking about tomorrow's plans and saying goodnight...

Graham, "One more thing."
Me, "What is it?"
Graham, "Ellie and I broke up. She said she was too busy this summer and we would be better as friends."
Me, "I'm sorry, Graham. I know you really like her."
G, "It's ok. It was going to happen."
A pause.
G, "It's happened to Max a lot, so it's ok."
M, "So as long as you have one less break-up than Max, it's ok."
G, "yes."
We both laughed at the lighthearted moment and then went back to Ellie. I could see tears almost coming out of Graham's eyes. We talked about how nice she is and that they enjoyed spending time together. I asked about them still talking or texting. He said they are. I know he misses her. I told him how much I liked her, too. He smiled and simply said, "goodnight."

I do love this boy's heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment