| Dinner at Blackstone |
| Pierce has been holding (and knowing) the gift from my parents for a month! |
Graham was my first message of the day which warmed my heart immensely. I volunteered in Pierce's classroom. I worked out. And all day I treasured gifts and words of love.
The highlights of the day came from 4:45 on with the boys. The boys reminded me last night and tonight that it was my pick for dinner. I smiled deep inside as each of them told me that separately and meant it. What a treat! The great part is they were excited about my choice as they've experienced the mac and cheese but have never been. Dinner at Blackstone was fantastic and included the lighting of cheese for Saganaki (you'll have to find Max's Instagram account to see it). Pierce loved the fact that my mom left my birthday gift with him - to hide and to be the only one who knew what was inside! The boys sang happy birthday to me in the van - unprompted - as we drove to miniature golf. Birthday or not, Max did not let me win. I cheered the boys on in a few games of NHL foosball type play. We may have laughed just a bit during golf and the foosball. We ended with red velvet cake from the Bread Garden thanks to a friend. Yum! Graham put the candles in it in the shape of 42. I was floored when the boys sang to me AGAIN. And they sounded way better than I sound.
We could not have had more fun together and they were so good to each other and to me. What blessings.
When I tucked Pierce in tonight, I said "thank you for making my birthday special. I had a lot of fun tonight." As his eyes closed, without hesitation he said, "so did I." Yeah, melted my heart.
And then when I rubbed Graham's back - I'd be happy to do that until I'm 72 - and told him good night and thank you, he simply said, "Happy birthday." Heart melt #2.
So the third boy must have gotten the memo, too. When I walked out of Max's room, "I love you, too, mom. Glad you had a good day."
Yep, 42 is going to be okay. I am very blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment