I rarely write about a fitness activity but some times, a post is necessary. Like when I feel extremely proud of my efforts.
Following a VERY poor round of golf (hey, it was my second this week but honestly, I have no idea when the last time is that I played an a full round not as best ball) with Mitch and Andy, we stopped by the Thompsons. Running clothes in the van with the intention to run, I mentioned it was National Running Day. There really is a day marking everything. Anyway.... Mitch said, "why don't you run home from here?" Best idea that man has ever had regarding running. A little thought and perhaps the taunting of the craziness from Andy and Mitch, and off I went at 9:06 with my headlamp on (thanks to Amy).
4.4 miles later I was home having run it in 33:39 minutes - hills included - averaging 7:34 minutes per mile. I could not possibly have run any harder and doubtful any further. My text to Mitch upon arrival included the following observation "Me, the pavement, 4 deer, 2 raccoons, 1 biker, 2 runners, 1 walker, a thousand bugs, a headlight and the dark. Will either pass out, drink or eat every ounce of protein in site." I feel great and very accomplished.
A shout to Amanda for staying longer at our house with the boys.
No comments:
Post a Comment