I received this from Graham's art teacher yesterday and I had to share and keep it -
Dear Kristin & Mitch,
I happened to be working in the Team 2 Pod area today and had the pleasure of listening to your son Graham reading with another student. They were reading one of those "you read to me and I'll read to you" books. The kind where one student reads and then the other one responds and then some parts they read together.
Well, it was really fun to listen to. The part that impressed me was that you could tell that Graham was a more fluid reader HOWEVER, he was so patient and paced himself perfectly with the other student. It was never a thought in his mind to hurry the other student, or try to speak for him. He simply was a great friend and enjoyed reading with his partner.
All to often as a teacher you have to help redirect kids that aren't kind... or don't know how to work with others well. What a joy to overhear a kid with great character and kindness.
You're doing a great job raising those boys :)
Sincerely,
Tina Scandrett
No comments:
Post a Comment