Two years ago today, my grandfather, Edwin Charles Page, passed away. He was everything a grandfather should have been to me. I love him dearly and he loved me and my entire family. He wasn't a grandfather by blood as my mom's dad tragically passed away when she was just 23. My Ga-Ga married Grandpa Ed about the time I was born so while I longed to know Max Willis Sawyer (my Maxwell's namesake), I loved Grandpa Ed as much anyone could.
My aunt Carol posted a note about Grandpa today and it made me smile. He's been on my mind lately as I recently "tried" to sing "his" song - Grandfather's Clock to the boys and I've watched Max and Graham learn to play cribbage from my mom. Anytime we spent the night, and even sometimes in the afternoon when we visited, Grandpa would sing Grandfather's Clock to me while I sat on his lap. Up until he passed away, he'd still sing it to the boys and me when we visited. Ga-ga and grandpa were often playing cribbage when we arrived at their house and had bronze and cream glasses under the nearby end table where they kept their winnings. Two of my favorite memories.
I love memories of my grandparents. I'd love even more but I will treasure those I have everyday.
No comments:
Post a Comment