Tuesday, September 11, 2012

A friends' words

My friend has recently been very complimentary of my kids after walking to school, playing in the neighborhood, biking to school, playing at her home, and eating dinner at her house. I really value what Jenny says because she's a good friend, lives in our neighborhood so sees our kids and many others regularly and she's around kids all day as a teacher.

She talks about that they are kind and considerate. They respect what she asks of them. They follow the rules. She can trust them with what she asks. She said "I'm a big fan of your kids." Yes, I'm bragging a bit and my pride has grown recently thanks to her. I love my kids and believe they are wonderful but then don't most parents believe that about their kids?  It's just something different and SO touching when someone else experiences that and shares it with you. Sometimes it comes when you're challenged by a child and sometimes when things are going along quite nicely. Either way, for me, it goes straight to my heart. Her words will be kept in the front of my mind. I've told her I appreciate her kinds words - I only hope she knows how deeply.

Thanks, Jenny.

No comments:

Post a Comment