To put this story in a bit of context -
Shelby sent me a text Monday night asking if Graham could go with them and I replied that he'd love to but we were meeting Mitch for dinner. I did say something like "I can't tell him or he'll be upset."
After helping Graham hang his things at Montessori this morning, I went into his room to say bye. No surprise, he's with Brick and the two of them are close to the door doing some art work. Brick is looking down at his paper with paint in hand and Graham is standing behind him. Without even so much as looking up, I hear "so I know you can't even tell your son we invited him to Happy Joes." I can't decide if I should laugh at this, be in awe or try to figure out how a five-year old can say something so profound. I pretty much did all three. I so get why Graham loves Brick.
No comments:
Post a Comment