Saturday, November 20, 2010

My Hawkeyes, my family, my day

What a day. I got to by friend and sorority sister, Betsy Groene today as she was in town for the Iowa vs. Ohio State game. I received a ticket from Jim Dreusicke for the game today which was a treat. Mitch and the boys hung out all day so I could go tailgate to see Betsy and other friends (Erica and her parents, Chad, Amanda and met her parents, Jeff, Tracy, Debbie, Jim, Janice, Tad, Cathy, Jan, Todd, Stacey - probably forgot someone) and then go to the game. Now, if my Hawkeyes hadn't lost - I wanted a win and Mitch wanted a Hawkeye win to help the Badgers! I'm still a proud Hawkeye and thrilled I went to all the home games this year except Ball State (was a rainy day so glad we missed it plus spent the day taking the boys to a Wisconsin game for Mitch).

When I got home, after 7:00, the kids were happy and finishing dinner, Mitch had the house in pretty good shape, dishes from lunch were done, three loads of laundry were folded (except for the matching of socks), the load from the wash was done and folded, and a new load was drying. Nice! Men do sometimes surprise us. I take back telling Erica and Amanda that the boys would have a super day but probably have things in disarray. Nice. Men and boys do sometimes surprise!

I just snuggled with the boys watching football and part of 101 Dalmatians. Mitch is hanging out at the neighbors and now the house is quiet.  A good day with lots of smiles and happiness. I'm thankful and lucky.

Day #6 of thankful moments leading up to Thanksgiving Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment