Sunday, November 7, 2010

Getting ready for bed chat

After all three boys had their showers, I told them they needed to brush their teeth and have their nails clipped. Max got his teeth brushed before I asked and then sat down in the bathroom. One ask for Graham and well Pierce, he had to be caught and have his done for him.

I said to Max, "I can tell you're getting older because you're listening better. You know that it's best to listen and then you'll have time to do what you want."

Max, "Yeah, right."

As I'm cutting his nails and Graham is running around, I ask Graham to head to the bathroom. Max says, "It's good being older."

Me, "Why's that?"

Max, "I listen." And then sort of under his breath, sort of to me, "He'll get it some day. When he's older. He'll start to listen." Clearly referring to Graham. Max seems so grown up in his conversations lately - especially when he's referring to his brothers or he's wanting to sound like he knows something really well - and often times profound in his statements. I'm liking this stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment