Tuesday, January 5, 2010

My Love, Love


I'm watching the Orange Bowl tonight where my loved Iowa Hawkeyes are beating the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets 17-7! I'm also doing something very important (well, I'm taking a break right now). Mitch and I are blowing up balloons to fill Graham's room as tomorrow he celebrates his 4th birthday. We always fill the room of the birthday boy with balloons and add streamers and balloons to the doorway to mark the very special day. Tomorrow, it will be no different for Graham.

I can hardly believe that you, Graham David, will be four tomorrow. Four years ago, we had just put Max to bed, your Aunt Nell was here, and I was very impatiently waiting for 6:00 a.m. when induction for your arrival would begin. After a relatively smooth day, you arrived at 3:11 p.m. weighing 7 lbs, 12 oz at a length of 20.5" Since that moment, you, my Love, Love, have been on the move and inspiring, challenging and blessing our lives. Thank you for coming to us.


I love these photos from your arrival and the clear happiness in all of our faces. Tomorrow, I'll post photos of you, the four-year old. Tonight I'm focusing on the anticipation we were feeling four years ago and then your arrival. I will never forget that time and meeting you.

I love you. Mom

1 comment: