You turned 13 months on Sunday (photos are today, November 3). Another month has passed and honestly, my love just grows more each month. We are so blessed to have you in our life. The joy and laughter you bring to our family is so contagious! Just look at that smile!
A few hightlights since hitting 1!
You've given up the army crawl for regular crawling and pulling yourself to standing. You still prefer to crawl and just hang out but you are standing beside things, in your crib and on your feet when we hold you up. You don't fight it like you did and show off your abs of steel by keeping your feet extended in front of you. I really need to get a photo of you doing that before you never does again.
Your hair continues to come in and stay blonde. No idea where that is coming from.
You're into "reading" books (still LOVE Hand, Hand, Fingers, Thumb), throwing balls, taking puzzles pieces out or dumping them, pushing the buttons to make sounds on your play MP3 player, laughing at your brothers, eating, emptying cupboards and playing in the water. You'd take a bath twice a day and make it clear when there is not enough water in the tub!
You've mastered "caca" (Cleo), "dada" and "nigh, nigh" with "mama," "baba" (bye-bye) and "i" (Hi) in the works!
Sleeping is the same (minus down early and up early with daylight savings time starting) going to bed about 7:30 and getting up about 6:15. The great part is you can stay up later if needed and not have your mood impacted. It's not surprising for you to cry or fuss a few minutes in your crib before falling asleep or for you to wake about 10:00 and cry for a bit and do the same during your nap.
Probably my favorite change in the last month is the snuggling you WANT to do before you go to bed and when you get up. You snuggle right up on my shoulder and I LOVE IT! When you were really little, you liked to snuggle and then you didn't really care about it. Slowly, now it's come back and I hope it stays.
No more bottles or nursing. The bottles stopped before your first birthday and your last nursing was on October 5. This is a big milestone and although it's nice to have you eating and drinking big people food and out of a sippy, I do miss the quiet moments together. Another reason, I'm so glad you're back to snuggling.
Big thing tonight - I got my first hug from you. Daddy saw it. Cathy saw it. It was real. I want another one.
Coming up - your first ride on an airplane. We're off to see the Carys in Portland for a week on Saturday!
Love you, Little One, Squeaky
Wow! I can't believe he is already a year old. (He looks SO much like Mitch in the top picture!!!!)
ReplyDelete