Max came home from basketball open gym/skills with blood on his brand new basketball shoes. His toe was crushed and thanks to a long toe nail, there was a decent amount of blood all the way to the surface. Here's our 5 minute conversation....
"Mom, is there any chance you can get the blood out of my shoe?"
"Sure. Not anything much worse but I probably can."
Me, two minutes later, "Nasty. It's still wet on the surface. Probably thanks to sweat."
Max smirks. I work away.
"You're making it worse."
"Seriously? I've got it."
Surface looks good and I show Max.
"Thanks, mom."
"The only problem is there is probably still blood on the inside that will come to the surface when you sweat." I sigh and roll my eyes.
"Yeah."
I dig into the inside with Tech, water and a towel. It was so wet (I cannot use the "m" word) and this is after ONE day!
"When you decide you don't like me the next time, remember I was willing to put my hand in your stinky shoe to clean the blood."
Max smiling with a little laugh, "Yeah, good point."
No comments:
Post a Comment