Thursday, July 7, 2016

That's the ball game

And the season.

I don't know how many games I watched or how many games each boy played or how many miles we traveled. I do know

  • the season started with practices in January (maybe before)
  • games began in April
  • each boy played a tournament in DSM
  • Max's team played with heart and got 2nd place out of 64 at State
  • Graham's team came back from two losses to win three in a row at State
  • Pierce loved an overnight tournament for 7U State and feeling like his brothers
  • I stopped scrubbing uniforms
  • we had a couple MVPs
  • home runs hit by Max and Pierce
  • multiple doubles in one tournament for Graham
  • many concession stand stops
  • coolers packed and unpacked, packed and unpacked
  • water jugs filled are too many to count
  • Gatorage and Powerade was drank by the case
  • I had wind burn and sunburn, used my umbrella, handwarmers and sunscreen
  • bought two new stadium bleacher seats
  • ice packs administered
  • Advil was consumed
  • I some days dreaded the game or practice and other days couldn't curb my excitement
  • shared an iMessage channel with three friends
  • took many photos I may never organize
  • cheered too loud
  • I missed games and plays that made me sad
  • my parents drove far more miles than I did to support the boys
  • I saw Pierce grow from disliking practice and the season to wanting to know when tryouts are and falling asleep in his uniform a week after his last game
  • Max's arm strengthened, his confidence blossomed, he improved on throwing out a runner, tagging a guy at home, jumping and diving for passed balls
  • Graham stayed true to his all in passion at catcher and pitcher
  • I beemed with pride
and today, we had our last game of the season. 

Thanks for the ball games Max - MB, 31, Hound Dog (12U Trojans Gold), Graham - GB, G-Dog, Graham-Bo, G-Salty (10U Eagles) and Pierce - P, PMeister (7U Trojans Green).

Here's to a few days of missing the sport, probably questioning our sanity in about February and being ready to cheer again in April 2017!

June 19 - 7U Trojans Gold
Global State Tournament, Des Moines, IA

1June 24 - 10U Eagles
10U AAA State Tournament, Des Moines, IA
July 3 - 12U Trojans Gold
12U AA State Tournament, Des Moines, IA
(Yes, even without cleats he is taller than me)

No comments:

Post a Comment