I sometimes forget how something simple can make a night great.
We (well I only caught some of it) watched The Sandlot: Coming Home tonight. Part way through, I decided to make chocolate chip cookies. Graham came home from practice as I was putting them in the oven. His comment
"Are those for us, TONIGHT?" Huge smile on his face.
"Yep."
Bigger smile.
Five minutes later from Pierce downstairs, "Mom, what are you baking?"
I arrive downstairs with a tray of four glasses of milk, lots of cookies and a bowl of sliced apples. I may as well have given them the world.
Can't count the number of smiles and thank yous I got tonight. I didn't make do any of this for the smiles or thank yous. Did it because I love my boys. Sure felt good to receive those smiles though and make them all so happy.
Mother of three awesome (and about 100 other descriptors) boys; I have too many interests; I love spending time with friends; my job outside the home is great; I'm focused on love, kindness, grace, compassion, empathy, patience and forgiveness because they matter; I'm a divorcee; finding my way in life one step and sometimes one leap at a time
No comments:
Post a Comment