Sunday, February 23, 2014

Birthday blessings

As I start another trip around the sun, I am grateful for the wishes I received in many directions (California to Maryland, all the way to Germany), from many mediums (phone, text, mail, drop-ins, Facebook), from many parts of my life (grade school, high school, college, friends of parents), from family and friends. I am blessed not only today but each and everyday. Church, Orange Leaf, games at home, pedicures with girlfriends, family dinner, basketball practice which included the family. A little bit of a lot of things and it all started with the boys and Mitch making a birthday sign and giving me 39 $1 bills and notes for dates with each boy accompanied by amazing handmade cards. Reminds me to take photos of those. My favorite gifts are always homemade and experiences. I'm looking forward to four dates and celebrating with each of them. I'm guessing I'll see a movie, bowl or play basketball and go to the Children's Museum. Those would be in age order - Max, Graham and Pierce. Mitch and I, a quiet night of dinner or something at home! And it ended with hugs and kisses at home. Yeah, I leave 38 with a smile and enter 39 with the same.


No comments:

Post a Comment