I pulled in the driveway today just as the boys were walking in the house from carpool drop-off. They anticipated my arrival at about the same time. I stuck my head in the laundry room just far enough to say "I'm going to be outside shoveling."
"Okay, mom."
I went about shoveling and would be lying if I didn't say that I wondered to myself "will they come out to help?"
I wasn't into the shoveling five minutes when Max and Graham (Pierce was to be picked up in 20 minutes) came outside with their snow clothes on and ready to help. I thanked them and smiled for the next twenty minutes as we cleared our driveway and sidewalk as well as Kris' and Jerry and Mary's.
Proud of these kids for helping me and helping others in the neighborhood - without being asked and without anything beyond a thank you and the self satisfaction of doing something for someone else (that was obvious from their own smiles).
No comments:
Post a Comment