Monday, January 20, 2014

Love for Billy Crystal

Admittedly, my kids have seen Parental Guidance more than once. And they love it. So do I. We all laugh out loud multiple times - although usually in different scenes.  Pierce may be the biggest fan and he LOVES Artie (played by Billy Crystal). He can recite multiple lines by and about Artie.


Tonight, we watched Monsters University for the first time (except for Max who sees everything before the rest of us). Thanks to the 2-hour delay for Iowa City Schools tomorrow - cold weather - we watched the entire move in one sitting. On a Monday. Big treat for our family. Anyway, part way through the movie, I was confirming with Mitch that Sully's voice is John Goodman. Pierce is snuggled in the beanbag beside me and says "Mike is who?" Silent for a few seconds. "He sounds like Artie."

Laughing I say "Correct. Artie and Mike's voice are the same. Wow, Pierce." Mitch and I looked at each other in awe.

Has he seen Parental Guidance too many times? Does he really recognize Billy Crystal's voice? (Mitch did mention him earlier in the evening but we made NO connection to Parental Guidance and I don't that we've ever discussed him with Pierce.) Or is Pierce amazing with voice recognition.

I'm going with number 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment