Tuesday, July 2, 2013

A day with Pierce and 20 years

Our day in Iowa City and on the UI campus. Perfect!
Today was Pierce and my day to do what we wanted and we agreed, spending time in Iowa City, on the campus of the University of Iowa was the "what."

Here's the run down - 
  • Spence Labs to participate in a study
  • Watch construction
  • Shop at AKAR
  • Watch construction
  • Pick-up pottery at Fired-up
  • Go to New Pioneer to wander and then pick out cookies and milk to take on our visit to Mitch
  • Cookies and milk with Mitch at his office and a few stops to say hi to people Pierce knows.
  • Watched Hancher construction
  • Rode Cambus the long way to downtown - talked about our favorite places along the way, I answered questions, watched construction and saw the Oscar Meyer Weiner Mobile!
  • Played on the Pentecrest
  • Got drinks at The Den and looked at all the Hawkeye apparel
  • Played in the Pedestrian Mall Fountain
  • Played on the Ped Mall playground
  • Ate at Noodles and Company
  • Sat on the Pentecrest
  • Rode the Cambus
  • Cookies and milk with dad at his office!
  • Smiled, laughed and held hands - a LOT of each
FABULOUS DAY!

And to top it off, I was taken back to my official start to my University of Iowa journey almost exactly 20 years ago. In July 1993, I came for orientation to a campus covered in water from the flood of '93 and I fell in love. I'm thankful for all this place has given me, for what I've learned and that I now call this place home with my family.

Splish Splash in the Ped Mall Fountain!

Seriously, Pierce would ride the Cambus around campus all day, everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment