Thursday, January 3, 2013

On your mark, get set, go!

The thirty-five minutes of Max, Graham, Evan, Landon, Lucas and Pierce in our kitchen tonight with Mitch and I will rank as one of the funniest, fastest moving conversations of my life. Only thing funnier would have been adding Ethan.

I never thought a conversation among boys could move so fast and be so debated -
  1. Discuss winter break - sledding at Kent Park and Brown Deer; favorite gifts - iPod touch, Skylanders, electric scooter, Madden 13. Think you (meaning me) could talk with Meghan so we can text each other. Can we do Facetime?
  2. Discuss baseball - Beckmans went through St. Louis so saw the Cardinals Stadium. Chandlers love the Cardinals. How could Pierce wear a Brewers shirt in St. Louis? 
  3. Discuss football - favorite NFL teams, is Coach Ferentz leaving the Hawkeyes? who will coach the KC Chiefs if he does not. Confirm he is not leaving the Hawkeyes. 
  4. School - School was awful today. We didn't get to go outside.
  5. Scouts - what are we doing tonight. We can't go to Pinewood Derby because mom has a work party and I think she's getting us a sitter. We're not doing Scouts next year because we don't have time for other things. Side conversation between G and Lucas "Lucas, are you staying in Scouts." Lucas, "I am next year and for a long time."
  6. Birthday party - Someone suggests Evan and Ethan should also come to Graham's party this weekend. Now let's debate who is a friend with who and is it okay for different ages to go. Graham is having more than just first graders so maybe we all can go.
That's just a summary. Wow, even I was tired listening to this. I'm amazed they all left on time for Scouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment