Today, Mitch experienced a dream. I'm a bit jealous that I wasn't there to experience it with him or to have my own dream met but I'm thrilled he did.
The dream - The Masters in Augusta, Georgia. Mitch attended a practice round at The Masters with his friends Dan (Lou) Lawrence, Andy Thompson and Chad Reimers. It was his first time and whether his first and last or he gets another opportunity neither he nor I will forget this one. He followed Tiger Woods for three holes, Phil Mickelson for three holes, stood ten feet from Phil while he putted, ate one of the famous pimento and cheese sandwiches and used his complementary call on the 11th hole to call me. (Yes, complimentary and I might add his entire lunch was less than $5.00, a practice round ticket $50 - unheard of in a world where sports venues and events have become unaffordable for so many.) When I picked up the phone, he was giddy like a child - times ten. I thought I saw that in him on Saturday when they left but hearing it today made Saturday seem like nothing. And then his statement on the phone tonight "on a scale of 1 to 10 it was a 15" confirmed "The Masters: a tradition unlike any other" on a personal and new level. I am grateful he got this chance and his dream is now reality.
When he gets home on Thursday I know there will be pictures and stories and I'm excited to hear those but really, I'll never forget today's short conversations and the sound in his voice. I am positive Mitch won't either.
Article Memories of the Masters: Like Nothing Else
Mother of three awesome (and about 100 other descriptors) boys; I have too many interests; I love spending time with friends; my job outside the home is great; I'm focused on love, kindness, grace, compassion, empathy, patience and forgiveness because they matter; I'm a divorcee; finding my way in life one step and sometimes one leap at a time
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment