Follow me through these quick stories. Multiple moments to share from today and not necessarily related -
On our way to the dentist today, Max and I both saw the sign for The Santa House in Coralville. At nearly the same time we said "The Santa House is back this year." After a year hiatus because of expenses (curious as to if people gave to help it shine again this year or if the family realized what a part of family holiday traditions it was when it wasn't available last year), we can't wait to return the week of Christmas!
Dr. Kanellis placed a "W" arch in Max's mouth today along with a Humphrey band. The first goes across the roof of his mouth to help move his back to teeth and align his bite. The second piece is attached to the W and in a few weeks will be attached to one of his back teeth with a "button." It will help move his teeth so a baby tooth can come out and a permanent tooth in. Max told me this morning and on the way to the office he was a bit nervous about what was going to happen. You would have never known it this afternoon and through the evening. He was amazing. He's a bit sore as it's tight, takes some adjusting to eat and the Humphrey band is rubbing on his cheek a bit until it's completely installed but he didn't complain more than necessary and is perhaps even a bit proud.
I took Pierce and Graham to Simcoxes tonight while Max and Mitch were at Scouts and Dana, McKenna and I went to the Pi Phi Holiday Cozy. I almost kept driving and skipped dropping them off. They were complete entertainment and perfect reminders of the joy of the holidays through the eyes of children as they looked at lights - screaming when they saw the next, wanting to see more at every turn, discussing the colors and asking when we could go look again. They were the same when we saw a few at my parents right after Thanksgiving. I think I've outgrown my disinterest in touring holiday lights. I'm ready to go for those long drives I used to love when I was little and did when I was a bit older just because it was the right thing to do with my parents. Sorry mom and dad for not really enjoying them for a few years. I should have seen the bigger picture and looked as though I were five.
No comments:
Post a Comment