Thursday, February 24, 2011

Learning by example

The third child seems older and learns many things earlier than the other two by way of example and keeping up - tricks, words, how to throw a ball, which toys are more fun, etc. Believe it or not, he can learn good things too - how to clean up his toys and empty a dishwasher. Wow.

Seriously, Pierce emptied the dishwasher tonight (except the silverware and one heavy glass bowl) on his own.  He started it without me saying anything - except maybe overhearing me ask Max and Graham to do it when they came back inside - and smiled the entire time. I watched in amazement. Then when I was picking up his cars, he said "Clean-up, clean-up." He's been amazingly good cleaning up his toys for a few months but he seems especially interested lately. I'll live optimistically and say it will continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment