Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Hello, Mrs. Martin

Tonight we attended Buford Garner Elementary School's (try saying that when you're in first grade, or even an adult - here forward referred to only as Garner) Ice Cream Social and Meet the Teacher Night.

Drum roll please...... Max's teacher is Mrs. Traci Martin. He was happy to meet her and even asked her if he could have his picture taken with her. He knows three kids in his class - Tyler, Christian and Maggie. He's pretty bummed that Evan and Ian aren't in his class. I knew Ian wouldn't be (parental request since they are neighbors and personality wise for both of them and their teachers it's best they not be together) but didn't know about Evan. I'm sure he'll be fine away from him but he will be missed. Max is glad that Mrs. Martin was at Van Allen last year so he recognizes her.

Max reminded me the other night of the things that will be different about first grade from kindergarten - no nap, homework, no free play and the teachers won't tie your shoes for you. Another way Ms. Knupp prepared our little guy for first grade.

Here's to a great year ahead! Mrs. Martin has big shoes to fill but in the few minutes I was around her, I'm confident that she'll create her own shoes to be filled in our school journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment