Pierce, I had lunch with you today (Mary and Herb are in Texas) which included penne pasta - yours with a bit of butter and Parmesan cheese and the following is what I experienced. I told the story at dinner because it was funny and I think I was still in awe at how clear, thoughtful and adamant you were about your desires during lunch.
I cut the first few noodles into three pieces. You eat them just fine. Then, something triggers your mind to say "hey, I see whole noodles on that plate on the table and I want them." You start your "uh, uh" sound and pointing. I give you more cut noodles, cheese, grapes and bananas figuring you just wants more. The "uh, uh" continues. I hand you a full noodle. The sounds stop, until you want another. Seriously, do you know the difference and do you care that much? Time to find out. Three whole noodles on the tray among several smaller pieces. You pick out the whole noodles and then it's back to the "uh, uh" so I'm on to trying round two and adding the other things. Only eat the whole noodles. Eventually, you finish the cheese and grapes but the small pieces of noodles remain. You've made it clear lunch is done.
Unbelievable. Again, I am surprised by one of my children.
No comments:
Post a Comment