Monday, February 1, 2010

Is it chocolate or white?

Max has a tendency to not drink his milk at school. He often claims that it tastes funny which I find interesting since I wash the insulated container and straw every night and we've purchased and given him a new straw from the company since I believe it could be the straw after nearly daily use all last year. I shouldn't talk though because I can't stand milk that is not VERY cold. Anyway, I've started giving him less milk, chocolate milk some days and just water other days in the hopes that he'll drink something. This was our conversation today as we went through his school and lunch bags -

Me "Max, you didn't drink hardly any of your milk today."
Max "Was it chocolate or white milk today?"
Me "Didn't you drink any of it? It was chocolate."
Max "I couldn't tell what it was because the brownie from Gamma was so chocolaty."
Me "You couldn't taste it?" laughing at the same time.
Max "Evan thought it was chocolate."
Me "Did Evan drink your milk?"
Max "No, I have him watch it coming through the straw when I drink it."

Kids are creative.

No comments:

Post a Comment