Friday, April 30, 2010

Crutch free

Yesterday was my first day crutch free. Wow does it feel good. I can now hold Pierce, carry my own dinner plate, carry a glass of water, carry laundry, empty the dishwasher at a closer to normal speed....

Monday, I was able to go one crutch and even that felt like freedom. I got groceries on my own. Even if slowly, it was on my own. I could hold things in one hand while walking and without being dependent on someone else or my backpack.

Sure, I'm still wearing the boot and watching how much I carry (limiting the time Pierce is in my arms while I'm walking) but I'm making progress and it feels so good. Each day in the boot and on crutches, especially the crutches, my appreciation for those who handle decreased mobility or use of a body limb grew. I feel fortunate that my time was relatively short on the crutches and that I will improve to full walking without the boot in a few weeks or months

No comments:

Post a Comment