Monday, December 4, 2023

Liberty Difference Makers - Groovy & Bright

Yesterday I was fortunate to work alongside an amazing group of young people (and a couple of AWESOME advisors, Jenifer Secrist) at the Liberty High School Difference Makers Groovy & Bright Winter Festival For Kids community event The kids planned and worked hard and long hours. Our community provided donations and then showed up to support them and celebrate the holiday season. Vendors sold their goods with smiles and appreciation for the opportunity. The kids raised money (their first goal was the family-oriented kids event and raising awareness - did that!) for children with life-threatening illnesses. My heart wanted to burst multiple times for what I experienced. And I am so proud of Graham for being a leader in LHSDM and a leader in creating this event. Way to go kid. Plus he's got his brother involved and his grandparents surprised all of us by driving 2+ hours to support him. My heart is full. To those of you who made it happen and to those of you who attended, THANK YOU.






No comments:

Post a Comment