Andy and I introduced the boys to the movie Airplane last night. They laughed and finally understood some of the quotes Andy, I and others have made. I hadn't seen it in 20 years and probably don't need to again and I doubt the boys will again. I do feel like it was important rite of passage and most would say it's a Top 10 in comedy. I'm not sure about that but we'll go with it!
The best part of the night may have been the impromptu Lighting Ceremony (as it's already been named). I have no idea what prompted him but Graham was HYSTERICAL. He took the lighter from was blowing out, lighting, blowing out the candle. He kept making funny comments and walking around with the lighter. Eventually (keep in mind only one small lamp is on as this is following the movie) he walked to the bottom of the steps where we could not see him and he entered marching with the lighter lit and upright. Of course, a huge smirk on his face. He proceeded to stand in front of all of us and say "I lite the candles for darkness. For failure. For defeat. For misery." From then on we all could not stop laughing and he kept this so serious. He lit the candles and added "for death" and something else. We commented on the opposite of light and warmth and a candle. We came up with opposite words - triumph, joy and love - then it all stopped because we were stuck on Graham's work of the lighting ceremony. And we simply could not stop laughing. Words don't do this justice. Let me just say, the moments will not be forgotten.
No comments:
Post a Comment