After our tree was all decorated and all the boys helped, Max commented that he thinks next year we should go back to going to a tree farm, picking out our own and cutting it down. "I love doing that," he said.
I'm in buddy. We stopped because the boys lost interest and one year we were very short on time. I should never have let it stop. So next year, strong boy, we're doing it and you're in charge! The journey, the memories, the selection, the work and the laughter are priceless. And sometimes the scrawniest trees, the one that looks like it will not be anything, is the one filled with most memories. My parents told the story again this year of our Charlie Brown Tree and the one that had to be tied up to stay up.
Here's to enjoying this season and the trek of finding the tree next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment