Friday, April 14, 2017

Trying to lucky

Some days as a parent are trying. Some days being a mom is trying. Some days being a person working outside the home is trying. Being a community member. Attending a church. It can all be trying. Today, most of those challenged me.

I had to talk with Pierce's school about some challenges among Pierce and some of his friends.

I talked with Max about his new girlfriend.

I checked Max's phone and didn't love everything I found and he didn't like that we had to talk about it.  His conversations with girls. That he used the middle finger emoji with a "my mom".

It rained and I missed my opportunity to mow.

I ran the unpaid Uber per usual.

Work was busy.

I had to get upset with Pierce for hitting Graham in the face with his blanket. I had to get upset with Graham for retaliating with a hit.

I ate four Bequet Caramels (my limit is two in a day for reference). A plus because I love them, a minus because, well my limit. I'm not sure if this goes with the above or below items.

I got in a 30 minute workout.

I went to Good Friday church service and watched Max and his EPIC friends handle the entire service through amazing readings and a skit.

I talked with my college friend Benny for almost an hour.

I finished a great movie with the boys Pete's Dragon. And Pierce snuggled with me while I did.

Max and I had a good short talk at bedtime including as I had this afternoon telling him I always have his best interest in mind, I won't always be his friend - I will always be his mom, he won't like some of the ways I react to things because I won't like some of the things he does, I'll always be in his business and that while he can blame things on me, he can't disrespect me to his friends. And, when I left his room, he said "Good night, mom. I love you."

Everything will be okay when I go to bed.

Lucky me.

No comments:

Post a Comment