Monday, April 1, 2013

Running a Relay

I'm signed up to run the Market to Market Relay from Jefferson to Des Moines, Iowa on May 11. I'm so excited! Really. I know non-runners will find this very hard to believe or understand.

Just when I said I didn't have time to train for a half-marathon on May 5 (part of that was because of the weekend) and just a little over a month ago I said I couldn't commit to a marathon (okay this is not a marathon but it's coming up way sooner), I'm in for a relay I'll run with five or six other women and somewhere between 10-15 miles (in three legs) depending on which number rummer I am. Heather Warren asked me at just the right time for just the right event. It's on May 11 which is the day before Mother's Day,  Max has a baseball tournament and a week after much business.  So it took some convincing from Mitch - go for it, hon; my mom - you should do this for you, for Mother's Day; and Heather - we want you! And now I'm in and all in.

After not running more than 3.5 miles in quite some time, I ran over 5 miles on Saturday and nearly 5 on Sunday with Heather and the rest of the group of women. I loved it! I have no doubt this, will be a fabulous experience!

Thanks, Heather, for making things align. I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment