Monday, January 16, 2012

Happy birthday, Mitch

My Facebook post this tonight sums up our weekend but I think it warrants a few details

"Think I'd like to do this three day weekend over (except the leaky roof) because it was just that good. Started with family time, spent time with friends, watched football and basketball, wrote - yes handwritten - letters, and ended by celebrating Mitch Beckman's birthday (who I am VERY thankful for and celebrate all he brings to my life)."

Dinner on Saturday night to celebrate Mitch's birthday was fantastic - Chef's Table with Andy and Amy followed by a couple glasses of wine and great conversation at their house. All while our seven boys were together with two wonderful sitters, Shanna and Ellie, and then slept peacefully spread across floors and bedrooms.


The leaky roof - well, we have water dripping down into our screened in porch in multiple places and a few steady drips along the sliding glass door in our kitchen. Fun. Our builders found snow in the attic - mostly in an unreachable location - and believes the wind was just right to blow the one snow we've had this season of any measure, in through the roof flap vents. Let's hope it drys quickly and the wind doesn't blow this way again.


The most important weekend event - Mitch's 43rd birthday. I think it was mostly great because the boys were very excited and into celebrating. Max and Graham were concerned about him not having a sign and when they asked me, I reminded them that I'm not the sign person. That's Mitch and whoever helps him. They took it upon themselves to make sure he had a sign, actually signs. Max made "Happy Birthday, Dad" one letter on each sheet of paper and taped them all together. Graham hung a sign that said "You Love Wisconsin So Much Love, Graham." Their signs, hugs, help with breakfast, taking photos and video, singing and helping him eat his requested chocolate chip cookies and the Oreo cake made the day shine. For Mitch and me. Happy birthday, hon. Love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment