My dear friend, Jeff, just posted this on his Facebook page -
After an up-and-down front 9, I settled in on the back with 4 pars and putt that rimmed out and left me with a tap-in bogey. Yet, I was still 9 over for the side. Do the math, and thank momentary lapses of concentration and the greens and trees of the Hyperion Field Club...August 2011
It wasn't the golf itself that caught my attention but Hyperion Field Club. Oh the memories. This is the course I learned to play on when I was in 5th grade with my grandfather, a course where it was difficult to find a time for someone my age and gender to play but where my grandfather always made me feel welcome, the pool I spent many a days at when I was little, one of the first pools to have zero entry - before it was really called that - the place with the phenomenal ice sculptures on Easter and Mother's Day when we always had the round corner table overlooking the course, the place where my grandfather played cards and my grandmother had her favorite drink, a place that felt like home because people knew our names. I love this place and will always remember if fondly. Plus I'll never forget my grandparents charge number P836 - my grandparents have both passed away but they probably regret sharing that number.
Thanks for the walk down memory lane, Jeff and thanks Ga-ga and grandpa for letting me make the memories.
No comments:
Post a Comment