Sunday, July 18, 2010

Gook (like "oo" in boot)

I wonder how many batches of "Gook" (diaper rash cream I make with zinc, A&D original ointment and Mylanta and given the name by Max) I've made since Max was a baby. Started because Max had a red bottom any time he had anything acidic or was teething and on through Pierce, today because he was teething, Gook has brought many kids from very sore red bottoms which came on quickly.

As I was mixing it tonight, I figured it's been about two dozen - every three months for six years give or take a few. A little work with the hands emptying the tubes and stirring the sticky mixture and I have the best homemade remedy for bad diaper rash cream. I'll miss having the chance to make it, not using it because it means a little one has a sore butt, but the chance to make it because it means no one needs it. Tomorrow, Pierce will have a much better day thanks to Gook.

No comments:

Post a Comment